Unconventional gas: how to combine energy security and environmental safety?
When: Tuesday 19th March
Time: 14.00 - 15.30
Where: Rooom A5E-3, European Parliament
The issue of shale gas extraction and how to combine the potential economic benefits while ensuring environmental safety has been a big issue recently.
The topic of promoting the safe and secure extraction of unconventional gas is listed in the commission's work programme for this year and a public consultation into this issue was also launched at the end of 2012. In this legislative context, a debate on this issue in March will be very timely.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Niki Tzavela MEP, rapporteur for ITRE report on industrial, energy and other aspects of shale gas and oil
- Paula Pinho, member of cabinet for European Commissioner Günther Oettinger
- Ralph Schlüter, exploration and geosurvey, DMT GmbH & Co. KG
- Antoine Simon, Friends of the Earth Europe
- Dr Guido Rettig, Chief Executive Officer, TÜV Nord AG
To view a full event summary and agenda, click here
If you are interested in attending, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope you can join me on Tuesday 19th March.
Bogusław Sonik MEP
A buffet lunch will be served outside the room from 13.00 - 14.00
Tweet about the event: #shalegas